You might have seen a small, stooped old man, shuffling down the sidewalk…



hair disheveled, shirt buttoned wrong, shoes on the wrong feet…Here's what I saw...




Note Card: Refuge and Strength

Written on a 4x6 note card by Stan Julin.

[Blog Author's Note:  "Esther" is a reference to a sister-in-law.]

Probably written in 2002 
 I once had a thought that meant something to Esther, who asked me after considerable time what the thought was.  I like thoughts, some of them.  In some ways, I live in and for my thoughts.  As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.  Anyway, it was this, from Psalm 46:1:  If you have no strength, you need a refuge; if you have no refuge, you need strength.  But God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  I will add here that , apart from Jesus Christ, no man has either refuge or strength; in Him are both.  Why be completely exposed when complete security is available?

No comments:

Post a Comment