You might have seen a small, stooped old man, shuffling down the sidewalk…



hair disheveled, shirt buttoned wrong, shoes on the wrong feet…Here's what I saw...




Note Card: A Significant Kindness and a Prayer for My Sons

Written on a 4x6 note card by Stan Julin.

[Blog Author's Note:  There are three things that struck me about this short note card entry.  First, he recorded the exact date and time.  He frequently recorded the dates of his entries but not the times.  So the recording of the time is his indicator that his words mark a very significant event.  Second, I know that he was by that point in his life having some noticeable brain problems.  Indeed, the problems are evident in his writing (I have typed it exactly as he wrote it.)  Third, in spite of brain trouble, he was memorizing the 26th Chapter of Isaiah.  ("Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.")]

Wedneday, August 6, 2008  11:21 AM
Someone anonymous had the lady at the place where people get coffee + at Borders (had her) give me a card with the remark that I was a good guy.  I do not yet know $.$.  I guess he was moved that I am memorizing Isa 26  I am moved. - very much- to tears.

[Blog Author's Note:  The following prayer was written later the same day and must be kept with the previous entry because knowing that he was trying to memorize Isaiah 26 adds meaning.]

I hope, Lord, for my sons to do righteousness and to see it and taste it as you are pleased in it.  There is nothing too small for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment