You might have seen a small, stooped old man, shuffling down the sidewalk…



hair disheveled, shirt buttoned wrong, shoes on the wrong feet…Here's what I saw...




Note Card: Symphony of Symphonies


Written on a 4x6 note card by Stan Julin.

Date Unknown
I can comprehend God destroying evil and the evil one.  There are many other things about him that I can understand (for he gave us his words to be understood).  The thing that stretches my mind the most is the so great salvation.  I am not saying I do not understand it; rather, it is such an amazing symphony of all the issues of truth directed by an amazing conductor.  I never tire of hearing the notes, the harmony of attributes, the resolution of the chords, the richness of its instruments, the purity of its sounds.  Who but God could have conceived such satisfying beauty and majesty? 

He is no profligate as, if the truth were, and is known, earthly “artists” were and are; but he is the most ardent, firm, lovable and fearful genius ever.  His symphony is a symphony of symphonies, of danger, of rescue, of love, of romance, of justice, of despondency and encouragement, of loss and gain again, of suspense, laughter, mystery, variety, silence and thunder, war and peace—how long a list could properly be composed? I know I never will tire of this music.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment